RapidBac™Vet is a lateral flow immunoassay for the detection of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria in urine.
This test provides veterinary practices with an accurate and cost-effective point-of-care solution that can be performed during the patient’s initial office visit, for one of the most commonly ordered laboratory procedures. Until now, the only accurate method of detecting bacteriuria was by urine culture, an expensive and time-consuming test performed at specialized laboratories. Expand your in-house testing capabilities and you won’t have to wait days for results of a test performed by a third party outside of your office.
RapidBac™Vet is a rapid immunoassay for the detection of Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria in urine. It uses monoclonal antibodies to detect a bacterial cell surface antigen. In a clinical trial of 200 urine specimens, the test performed with 97.4% sensitivity and 98.8% specificity. This test is not intended to be a replacement for bacterial culture and sensitivity. Rather it is a rapid and affordable way to determine if a bacterial culture should be submitted.How to determine if the RapidBacTMVet is appropriate for your patient:
- First time suspected UTI
- Screening test for DKA patients
- Screening test for infection in urethral obstruction patients (during or after hospitalization)
- Screening test for renal disease patients presenting with clinical decompensation
- Testing response to antimicrobial treatment in simple UTIs (for example, to see if a UTI has cleared after treatment with antibiotics)
* For more information about RapidBac™Vet Click Here